Understanding the benefits of a propane tankless hot water heater system
When New York homeowners replace aging hot water systems, they are increasingly asking, “Is converting to a tankless water heater worth it?”
The answer for more and more households is a resounding yes! According to the U.S. Department of Energy, tankless water heaters can be up to 34% more energy efficient than storage tank units. And propane tankless water heaters offer truly superior performance.
Why are tankless propane water heaters more efficient?
A tankless propane water heater eliminates standby energy losses that occur in storage tank systems because they heat water only on demand. A propane instant water heater is compact, providing superior energy efficiency and delivering an endless supply of hot water.
Propane tankless water heaters can average a flow rate of about 222 gallons per hour, more than three times higher than a standard 50-gallon electric storage tank water heater’s delivery rate of 62 gallons in the first hour. This dramatic difference in performance can mean the difference between taking a hot shower and a cold shower!
More benefits of a propane tankless water heater
There are many benefits that New Yorkers enjoy when they go tankless, including the following:
- Tankless water heaters deliver an endless supply of water.
- Their compact size saves roughly 12 square feet of floor space.
- These systems are on demand, so they heat water only when it’s needed. That feature eliminates standby losses that occur in systems with hot water storage tanks like the typical electric water heater. You simply turn on a hot water faucet.
- They save more than $150 per year in energy costs compared with typical electric storage water heaters.
- They have 50 to 60% lower CO2 emissions compared with electric storage tank systems.
- Propane tankless systems may qualify for propane rebates, manufacturer discounts and tax incentives, which can make them even more cost-effective.