If you’re longing for a relaxing evening dip in the pool or spa but don’t want to wait until the next heat wave, a propane pool heater can maintain a comfortable water temperature any time of day, in any weather, in any season—all for an affordable price.
How does it work? A propane pool heater simply burns gas to warm water from the pool pump then cycles the water back into the pool. That’s why propane pool heaters are an ideal choice for in-ground and aboveground pools and spas.
Propane pool heaters are:
- Easy to install and maintain
- Extremely durable and reliable
- Available in a number of sizes and colors
Propane pool heaters vs. electric and other pool heating options
Propane pool heaters have distinct advantages over other pool heater types, including:
- Electric heat pump heaters – While this system is a more cost-effective than using a simple electric element pool heater, it needs to use surrounding air to warm water in the pool – which means it can only produce water that’s slightly warmer than the temperature of the air. That’s a problem if you feel like a swim when there’s a chill in the air.
- Solar pool heaters –These have higher upfront costs and take longer to heat your pool compared to a propane pool heater. A solar system also doesn’t work at night or on cloudy days when the sun isn’t at its brightest.
- Natural gas – If you have natural gas service in your neighborhood, keep in mind that propane pool heaters give you the same performance of natural gas heaters without the expensive hardware and hassle needed to connect to your home’s gas line.
To learn more about propane pool heaters and the many other ways you can take full advantage of propane inside and outside your home, please contact your New York propane company and they’ll be glad to help.